[Mailman-Users] Content Filtering Scrubs PDF Attachment

Fitzpatrick, Ted Ted.Fitzpatrick at dof.ca.gov
Fri Jul 20 18:32:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

When Mailman's Content Filtering is on, it is scrubbing (removing) pdf
and png attachments, even though I have entered the MIME types for these
files as "passable." For the MIME types, I used:

application/pdf

image/png

The only fix I found within this list's archives was a patch to Mailman
that sets it to use only file extensions when filtering attachments. I
noticed debate over the security ramifications of this.

What is the best way to configure Mailman to allow PDF and PNG files to
pass through its filtering?

Thanks!

Ted