[Mailman-Users] one click unsubscribe

Wes wes9999 at myfastmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:13:17 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've been researching all the possible ways to have a one click (or very
few click) unsubscribe, that also protects against other people
unsubscribing a user, using a link passed in a forwarded message.

The best way, I think, is to have the user click a link that will cause
a confirmation email to be sent, which will contain the actual
unsubscribe link.

I found one pretty good way to get it to work by generating a email
link, that the user can send a mail to:

What I'd really like is a *web link*, something like this:
%(web_page_url)soptions/%(list_name)s?email=%(user_address)s&password=&login-unsub=Unsubscribe

This effectively goes to the options page and then submits the form as
if the user clicked the "unsubscribe" button on the options page.

This works fine, but I'd really like to customize the page that the user
sees.  It currently has a confirmation at the top saying "the
confirmation email has been sent", but the rest of the page contains 3
big blue sections, one being a password box, the second being the
unsubscribe button, and the third being a password reminder button.  The
user doesn't need to see any of this, because I've already submitted the
form for them (via a GET) .

Is there any way to customize this page?  I only see a customization
optios for the subscribe page, and the user specific options page, but
not this page.

Thanks!