[Mailman-Users] problem in archiving the large mbox file

alpesh gajbe alpeshgajbe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 21:15:32 CEST 2007

I  am not sure whether this mail belongs to the users or developers list so
I am sending to both. Apologies.

I have a large 1.2 GB mbox file which i need to archive, the messages in
mbox typically have jpeg image attachments
whose approximate image sizes is 4 KB.
when i run arch script in /usr/lib/mailman/bin/ on my ubuntu 7.04 I get the
following error

*File "/usr/lib/python2.5/os.py", line 172, in makedirs mkdir(name, mode)
OSError: [Errno 31] Too many links:

*My basic objective is to archive 250GB of mails every month for two years .
The size of which would exceed 7 Tera Bytes approx. Would this be a feasible
option using mailman.(out of curiosity !!)

What has been the largest mail archive volume anyone has ever deployed into
mailman ? (out of curiosity !!)

Regards
-Alpesh