[Mailman-Users] AOL's "Client TOS Notification"

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Sun Jul 15 09:53:02 CEST 2007

* Dave Dewey <ddewey at cyberthugs.com>:

> > Do you use VERP to send out the mails? If you do that you can see who
> > the culprit is.
>
> VERP doesn't work any longer for these, as of a couple months ago.

Damn! My last TOS notification dates back quite some time...

> They now redact ALL information that can be used to identify the
> user, including verp'd addresses.

Great.

> Messageid still works, for whatever reason it's the one piece of
> header info that isn't redacted at this point.

OK, so VERP is still the way to go, since the message-id is always
different

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des IT-Zentrums)         Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155