[Mailman-Users] AOL's "Client TOS Notification"

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Jul 15 03:25:22 CEST 2007

On 7/14/07, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

>  Simple - yes. Effective? Depends on what you are after. By doing it this
>  way you are not really different from AOL, are you? You punish many users
>  just because some other are thoughtless and lazy. When I offer something, I
>  want people to use it, not ban it.

You're not punishing these other users -- AOL and the other clueless
users are.  If AOL didn't shoot first and ask questions later, then
these problems wouldn't exist.

There's not much you can do in this case.  All you can hope to
reasonably do is to protect all your other users from what may happen
with any AOL-related addresses.

By the way, these measures were enacted *after* I left.  If I had
still been there, I assure you that things would be different.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0