[Mailman-Users] HELPPPPPPPP !!!

balligho khillo100 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:46:14 CEST 2007

well, thanks for your reply guys.. however it's been like reading chinese..
I didn't understand a thing except that this could be godaddy's SMTP relay
thingy .. so I sent them a support request and asked them to fix it or else
:P

ah by the way, the daily limit is it 100,000 not 1,000 for I requested the
daily limit to be increased and sent them info on my list and they agreed..

thanks again guys .. I'll let u know what godaddy will have to say about
this ..

see ya

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

> Hi All--
> It doesn't have much to do with GoDaddy, unless the OP typoed 1,000 when
> he wrote 100,000 ;-)  Assuming the limit is indeed 100,000, then this is
> a qmail problem.
>
> Qmail needs to be tuned.  I don't remember the exact figures I used, but
> the default settings are teeny and need to be raised.  Google qmail
> limits and you should find what to change.
>
> Log locations on a dedicated server aren't in standard places.  Here's a
> few (sorry for the wrap):
>
> /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog (Qmail log)
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat (View the amount of messages currently in
> your outbound queue)
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qread (List out all messages in your outbound queue)
> find /var/qmail/queue -name XXXX | xargs cat | less (Read the entire
> contents of an email, including headers, where XXXX is the ~8 digit ID
> specified on the /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qread command)
>
> Between the logs and tuning qmail, the OP should get massively better
> throughput with few delays (and the ones that are left are due entirely
> to GoDaddy, not qmail).
>
> I've never used cpanel, but Plesk isn't bad for what it does.  It's just
> figuring out what it does that's the hard part.
>
> Metta,
> Ivan
>

> Michael Kabot wrote:
>> Also being a GoDaddy Dedicated Server customer, I would say it may have
>> NOTHING to do with Mailman...
>>
>> You don't really have your own SMTP server at GoDaddy - you go through
>> their
>> SMTP relay.  I have found that on some days email goes out instantly, on
>> others it gets delayed for hours.  Also, if you are a new GoDaddy
>> customer
>> you probably have a "watch" filter set on your account to verify you are
>> not
>> spamming - this may slow things down too.
>>
>> I would check your logs and see when emails are sent to the SMTP relay,
>> this
>> will tell you how Mailman is doing.  Delivery time is not an accurate
>> reflection of what Mailman is/isn't doing.
>>
>> What server admin application are you using: Cpanel or Plesk?  You also
>> may
>> want to check your mail queue to see if anything is stuck there.
>>
>> Mike

:-p:-p;):-p:-p:respect: