[Mailman-Users] HELPPPPPPPP !!!

Michael Kabot mkabot at soarol.com
Fri Jul 13 04:14:25 CEST 2007

Also being a GoDaddy Dedicated Server customer, I would say it may have
NOTHING to do with Mailman...

You don't really have your own SMTP server at GoDaddy - you go through their
SMTP relay.  I have found that on some days email goes out instantly, on
others it gets delayed for hours.  Also, if you are a new GoDaddy customer
you probably have a "watch" filter set on your account to verify you are not
spamming - this may slow things down too.

I would check your logs and see when emails are sent to the SMTP relay, this
will tell you how Mailman is doing.  Delivery time is not an accurate
reflection of what Mailman is/isn't doing.

What server admin application are you using: Cpanel or Plesk?  You also may
want to check your mail queue to see if anything is stuck there.

Mike