[Mailman-Users] question about mail-gid

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:51:03 CEST 2007

I have over 500 lists that were migrated a couple of weeks ago to a
new server. When configuring, I tinkered with the gids until I got it
to work using mail-gid=mailman and cgi-gid=apache. Lists information
was moved to the new server. Everything has been working fine.

When I create a new list from the web and try to post to it, I get this message:

Failed (Command died with status 2:
"/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test7". Command output: Group
mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as    group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed
the mail script as    group "nobody".  Try tweaking the mail server to
run the script as group    "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing
the command line option    `--with-mail-gid)

I look at the ownership of new lists and they are apache mailman. That
is the only difference I see between new lists and other lists that
were migrated, which have permissons mailman.mailman. So, I changed
the ownership of the new lists and tried to post and get the same
message.

I am a bit confused as to whether I need to run configure again, using
'nobody' as the mail-gid or something else is going on.

--
Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com