[Mailman-Users] Mailman not working after reboot

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jan 31 15:51:26 CET 2007

Brad Knowles writes:

 > >  However, members of this list often do; eg, this thread got 3 answers.
 >
 > Of which two were "We can't help you with OS-specific issues",

Of course.  My point is that people do respond, not that it's very
helpful; I'm looking for ways to save some of that effort.

 > Moreover, I think we need to be talking about platform-specific
 > questions, and not just OS-specific.  For example, cPanel is a
 > platform, and can presumably run on multiple different OSes.  If we
 > were to have a separate section for these kinds of questions, I think
 > we would want to put all platform-specific and OS-specific questions
 > together.

Right.  I actually thought of the cPanel angle, but left it out.

 > Do we need a FAQ entry on what the proper way is to answer a question?

Yes.  It's a policy issue.  Sometimes the OP will respond to the "nice
person who actually answered my question", and start a thread.  I
think providing answers to off-topic FAQs is a Good Thing[tm], but it
should be kept off-list and it shouldn't clutter the main sections of
the FAQ.