[Mailman-Users] Can't create a new list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 30 23:07:51 CET 2007

vancleef at lostwells.net wrote:

>When I use either www.mydomain.net or www.otherdomain.com to get to
>mailman/create, and try to create the new list, every try returns me
>Error: Unknown virtual host <www.domain.ext> for attempts to create
>under either domain.

It appears that www.domain.ext is the domain set by your web server in
the variable HTTP_HOST or if that isn't set, SERVER_NAME in the
environment that is passes to the create cgi.

>How can I create a new list successfully?  I need to create lists in
>both domains.

You can use bin/newlist, but the real solution is to figure out what's
in the web server configuration that is causing it to pass the 'wrong'
domain.