[Mailman-Users] virtual domain setup with postfix

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 30 01:18:06 CET 2007

David Newman wrote:

>Having problems with Mailman, though. I've read these instructions many times:
>
>http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html
>
>Besides doing what's listed there, I also defined a virtual mailbox for a new "pctest" list (without that, mail sent to pctest at virt1.tld bounces).
>
>However, MM never distributes the mail to list subscribers. /var/log/maillog says each message is sent to pctest at virt1.tld; however, the only files in /usr/local/mailman/logs that change are smtp and subscribe (and then only when list members are added).
>
>Basically, postfix delivers message to pctest at virt1.tld but nothing happens after that.

Presumably, that's because Postfix is delivering the mail to a local
mailbox 'pctest' instead of piping it to Mailman's mail wrapper via
the command "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post pctest".

This is really a Postfix question, not a Mailman question, but you
might find the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-January/055502.html>
to be helpful.

You might also find something of interest at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>.