[Mailman-Users] Moving lists

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Mon Jan 29 23:27:32 CET 2007

A little more digging suggests it may be possible to extract the data
with the dumpdb command run against the config.pck. That provides a lot
of stuff that isn't needed, like the bounce status of the members which
is hardly of interest after the time the server has been offline, but
the users and other data seems to all be there.

It looks like I could extract the information from that and use the
add_members command to add the digest and regular members in two
operations, but I probably lose their names and I certainly would lose
their passwords.

But is there a way to get everything back easily from this data?

Van

Patrick Bogen wrote:

> On 1/29/07, G. Armour Van Horn <vanhorn at whidbey.com> wrote:
>
>> So, where do I dig up the membership list, and how do I deal with all
>> the old URLs?
>

> FAQ 3.4
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.004.htp>
> should help with this. Let us know if you still have issues.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For photography, web design, hosting, and maintenance,
visit Van's home page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/