[Mailman-Users] Group Mismatch Error

Jay Chandler chandler.lists at chapman.edu
Fri Jan 26 23:00:46 CET 2007

Time for this old chestnut again, but with a bit of a twist.

Postfix (latest stable), FreeBSD 6.2, latest version of Mailman.

Attempted to send a test message to my list.

ommand died with status 2: "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post
    netoplist". Command output: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the
    mail wrapper script to be executed as group "nobody", but the system's mail
    server executed the mail script as group "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail
    server to run the script as group "nobody", or re-run configure,  providing
    the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailman'.

Yet...
mybox# ll
total 38
-rw-r-----  1 root     mailman     41 Jan 26 13:33 adm.pw
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman   1995 Jan 26 13:36 aliases
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman  16384 Jan 26 13:36 aliases.db
-rw-r--r--  1 root     mailman     10 Jan  8 10:32 last_mailman_version
-rw-rw----  1 mailman  mailman      6 Jan 26 11:13 master-qrunner.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root     mailman  14114 Jan  8 10:32 sitelist.cfg

Is there something blindingly obvious that I'm missing?

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714.628.7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
Today's Excuse: Just pick up the phone and give modem connect sounds. "Well you said we should get more lines so we don't have voice lines."