[Mailman-Users] Problem with explicit destination

Julia Frizzell julia_frizzell at brown.edu
Fri Jan 26 21:35:26 CET 2007

We have a few lists configured to accept all mail addressed to them,
mainly as they are email addresses on our website set for people to
make inquiries at.

We have the lists configured to use explicit destination, and reject
anything that is not explicity sent to the list address.

However, some mail still gets through. For example, this came in:

> To: <info at alliancecoatings.com>

But we're not alliancecoatings.com

Are the spammers forging list headers to allow the message to go
through? If so, is there a way around this?

We're running Mailman 2.1.5 on Mac OS X 10.4 server.

---
Julia Frizzell
Systems Administrator/Help Desk Manager
The Education Alliance