[Mailman-Users] List security: approved line got mailed out to list users

Jacob Sam-La Rose jacob at metaroar.com
Fri Jan 26 15:24:34 CET 2007

Hi.

I've got my list configured as an announcement-only list, and the
first few mailings I've sent have gone through exactly as planned.  I
use "Approved: password" as the first line to approve mailings.  I
inadvertently sent email to the list from one of my other email
addresses, and when the message went out, the Approved: line was
there, intact.  There was a space above it, if that means anything
(the sent email doesn't have that space...)

I changed the password - easily done, no security problems there.
But I'd still like to know what could have allowed this to happen.
Since then, I've set up a test list and tried to replicate the
behaviour - thus far no success.  Anyone have any suggestions as to
what might have happened?

Thanks,

Jacob Sam-La Rose
Executive Editor