[Mailman-Users] htdig authorization problem

Hank van Cleef vancleef at bronze.lostwells.net
Fri Jan 19 16:50:47 CET 2007

I have mailman 2.1.9 with the htdig patch installed.  Set up to do local
search.

I rebuilt the archives from the list mbox file a couple of weeks ago,
and htdig would search on it, deliver pages, and they could be viewed.

This week (several days later), to view a post requires entering
a password before viewing.  Trying to pull up a second page gets an
error message.  This affects using the list admin password as well as
user passwords.  To view any hit, a user account name or the admin
pasword (not both) has to be entered in a validation screen.

The mailman error log reports
htsearch for list: mercedes, cause: auth, detail: -10-

Browsers have cookies enabled (mine certainly does).  Where do I look?
Permissions on the private directory were 2770; I reset them to 2774.
All of the files in private/listname are owner/group both mailman,
permissions on files are 666, on directories, 2775.

Where do I go from here?

Hank

--
Hank van Cleef (vancleef at lostwells.net, hvanclee at nyx.net)
1986 420SEL "A stranger in paradise" (Fremont Co. Wyoming)