[Mailman-Users] spam filters should only match list-members

Dan MacNeil dan at thecsl.org
Fri Jan 19 15:34:17 CET 2007

I've often found reading the help for all the options in the admin
interface to be helpful.

 > - discard mails of non-members, regardless whether they match the
 > filters or not

 From the admin interface:

Privacy Options
   --> Sender Filters
       -->generic_nonmember_action : discard

 From the help link:

	(privacy): Action to take for postings
	from non-members for which no explicit
	action is defined.

	When a post from a non-member is received,
	the message's sender is matched against the
	list of explicitly accepted, held, rejected
	(bounced), and discarded addresses. If no
	match is found, then this action is taken.

Hope this helps.