[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 18:14:32 CET 2007

On 1/3/07, Whitcomb, Jeff <jmwhitco at samford.edu> wrote:
> When someone sends an email with a read receipt request to a list that I
> own, I get a lot of uncaught bounce notifications (I have attached one
> for reference).  I am wondering if there is any way I can stop getting
> all these Read Receipt messages when people send an email to a Mailman
> list, without turning off bounce processing all together.  I tried just
> filtering them in Outlook, but you can't filter on an attachment name.
> I do currently have all of the bounce notifications going to a folder,
> but would like to either stop getting these particular ones, or be able
> to further filter them into another folder.

This sounds like it should really be a user education issue; convince
your users to stop sending 'read receipt' requests.

If that won't work, it might be possible to put together some filter
rules to hold or reject messages with these requests included;
although this is really just a way to reinforce the idea that they
shouldn't be sending them.

--
- Patrick Bogen