[Mailman-Users] getting correct alias domain in message headers

Hank van Cleef vancleef at lostwells.net
Wed Jan 10 04:14:47 CET 2007

I've brought a fresh installation of Mailman 2.1.9 on line on
an IP that has been assigned to mydomain.net for some time.
However, I want to appear as otherdomain.com.  The DNS records
for otherdomain.com have been changed to point to my IP, with A records
to otherdomain.com and www.otherdomain.com, and an MX record to point to
a mydomain.net A record.

What I did to handle mail was add othedomain.com to the sendmail
cw file (local-host-names).

What I see in the headers in a post to the list is:

Sender: mylist-bounces at mydomain.net

How do I get the correct names (otherdomain.com) in the last three
header lines?

I've added to mm_cfg.py

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'otherdomain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.otherdomain.com'

(actually, tried the "add_virtualhost" before the redefined defaults
before trying it after).  The list URL is correct (withlist/fix_url)
but the mail headers aren't.

How to fix this?  Do I need to restart the qrunners?

Hank

--
Hank van Cleef (vancleef at lostwells.net, hvanclee at nyx.net)
1986 420SEL "A stranger in paradise" (Fremont Co. Wyoming)