[Mailman-Users] Sender Name in message

liquid at nationalcomfortinstitute.com liquid at nationalcomfortinstitute.com
Tue Jan 9 20:39:14 CET 2007

Quoting Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>:

> At 4:29 PM -0500 1/8/07, liquid at nationalcomfortinstitute.com wrote:
>
>> I'm running an anonymous discussion list. The list is setup so replies
>> are by directed back to the list.
>>
>> I would like to be able to add the senders/posters name (the
>> (optional) name that is in the system) to the header, message or footer.
>

> If the list is anonymous, then doing this kind of thing would eliminate
> the anonymity, and therefore presumably violate the basic purpose of
> the list.
>
> Otherwise, don't run it as an anonymous list.
>
> --
> Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Sorry I guess I should clarify. I have the discussion list set to
anonymous. Because I want email sent from the list email and replied
back to the list rather than the poster (so every one gets all posts
and replies). But I want the senders real name inserted into the
header, message, or footer (as a forced signature in a way). It will
dummy proof the list. Because the members of the site will forget to
sign the email or forget to CC to the list when replying. But it is
important to identify the sender. For several reasons, mainly because
the members of the list are competing businesses and they will want to
know exactly who they are replying to.

I know all this defeats the purpose of an anonymous list. But it has
to be as easy as possible or the members won't use it. So what ever I
can do to insure this will make every thing better.

Jeff