[Mailman-Users] list name in email

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 9 18:49:52 CET 2007

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

>Is it possible to insert an equivalent of %(MM-List-Name)s into verity.txt
>template? For example, I have list which real name is ppl. It is an
>abbreviation and does not mean anything. But when people get the
>confirmation message, they should see a full name.
>
>I tried %(MM-List-Name)s, then %(listname)s, then %(description)s but they
>don't resolve to full list name.

The substititions in templates are defined in a Python dictionary that
is passed to the call to produce the substituted template. In general,
the parameters which can be substituted are specific to a given
template and are only those which appear in the base template.

In this case, you can't add other substitutions to verify.txt unless
you modify the calls to Utils.maketext() in Mailman/MailList.py to add
the additional substitution parameters to the dictionary that is
passed.