[Mailman-Users] Read Receipt uncaught bounces was: (no subject)

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 4 01:51:12 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Whitcomb, Jeff wrote:

>> I am wondering if there is any way I can stop getting
>> all these Read Receipt messages when people send an email to a Mailman
>> list, without turning off bounce processing all together.
>

> This is just one more reason why "Read Receipts" are bad.

What exactly is the header name?  We already strip these headers by
Mailman/Handlers/Cleanse.py:

    # Some headers can be used to fish for membership
    del msg['return-receipt-to']
    del msg['disposition-notification-to']
    del msg['x-confirm-reading-to']

It should not be difficult to add one or more in the next release.

Tokio Kikuchi, tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/