[Mailman-Users] preserving original lists' subject prefix

Raymond Blum raygeeknyc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:54:40 CET 2007

Hi Mark
  I'm glad that to hear that it should be doing the sensible thing.  The
subject prefix for each list is
[list1] and [list2]
It's mailman version 2.1.5
Unfortunately I am a list owner but not a sys admin for the machine running
mailman so I don't have any access to check the mailman installation for the
.py file, is there a way to get that info from mailman?

Thanks,
---Raymond
On 1/2/07, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Raymond Blum wrote:
>
> >  I have a situation where I need to preserve the "history" or chain of
> >subscriptions that a message has passed through on its way to the
> >recipients.  For example if user1 subscribes to list1 and list1 is
> >subscribed to list2, I wish messages sent to list2 to have something like
> >this in the subject
> >
> >[List1] [List2] here is a message for you
> >
> >It looks like mailman is removing [List2], leaving me with [List1] ... as
> >the subject.  If empty out the subject prefix for List1, then neither
> >appears.
>

> It should work as you expect.
>
> What mailman version is this?
>
> What is the value of subject_prefix for each of the lists?
>
> What is the setting in Defaults.py-mm_cfg.py for OLD_STYLE_PREFIXING?
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

Wow, as busy as I am I took to the time to write this.
I must really like you!