[Mailman-Users] Subscribe command doesn't check for spam?

Martin Hagelin martin at hagelin.nu
Tue Feb 27 10:56:04 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using Mailman v. 2.1.9 on a Debian Linux platform. I'm running Exim4
as the MTA with spamassassin doing spam checking when messages are recived
in Exim (Exiscan-acl).

I've set up spam filtering rules in Mailman that will throw away messages
that match ^X-Spam: YES in the headers. This works fine with most of the
spam but messages that are sent to the *-subscribe address are accepted
and not rejected.

This means that mailman sends out confirmation requests to the spammers
mail address, which most often is not valid or goes to some bogus address.
I'm also adding to the flow of unwanted mail messages on the net...

Is this a bug or a feature or have I gotten the things backwards?

Shouldn't postings to the subscribe address be checked in the spam filter?

Regards,
/Martin