[Mailman-Users] Confirmation and sent messages not reaching end-user

Jason Luck jfl1 at duke.edu
Fri Feb 23 15:42:55 CET 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Jason Luck
> >
> >SMTPHOST...in mm_cfg.py...no info on
> > DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
> >     MTA = 'Manual'
> >     SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
> >     SMTPPORT = 0               # default from smtplib
> >     SENDMAIL_CMD = '/usr/lib/sendmail'
>

> If the above are actually indented, this is bad. They shouldn't be.
>
> Is this from mm_cfg.py or Defaults.py?

A bit confused on this...as I mentioned earlier, this was not in the
mm_cfg.py file, but in looking through the Defaults.py file I have the
following.

DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
MTA = 'Manual'
SMTPHOST = 'localhost'
SMTPPORT = 0                                      # default from smtplib
SENDMAIL_CMD = '/usr/lib/sendmail'

I did notice in the Defaults.py file the following comment...

# SMTP host and port, when DELIVERY_MODULE is 'SMTPDirect'.  Make sure the
# host exists and is resolvable (i.e., if it's the default of "localhost"
be
# sure there's a localhost entry in your /etc/hosts file!)

When I look in my /etc/hosts file...I have no entries.

So I just added...

127.0.0.1  localhost

...and restarted the network.