[Mailman-Users] retrieving usernames and passwords from mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 22 20:10:37 CET 2007

Matthew Clarkson wrote:

>I'm building a simple document sharing application to run alongside
>mailman.  What I would like to do is use mailmans users/passwords for
>this application.
>Ultimately what I would like to do is pull out all usernames &
>passwords and throw it all into a file for a given list.  Is this
>possible with a current command line program with mailman?

You could use a simple bin/withlist script such as

def get_passwords(mlist):
    for member in mlist.getMembers():
        print '%s - %s' % (member, mlist.getMemberPassword(member))

Save that as bin/get_passwords.py and run

 bin/withlist -r get_passwords listname > /path/to/password/list

Alternatively, you could just use bin/dumpdb to dump the list's
config.pck and extract the passwords information from the output.