[Mailman-Users] Messages got stuck in "in" queue due to one "bad"message

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Feb 21 03:35:33 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > >2. Why this message didn't get moved to shunt directory?
 >
 > I don't know why it didn't shunt.

At least in earlier implementations of the email lib and Mailman, the
original parse of the message was not enclosed in the shunt mechanism,
so the exception got caught by the catchall handler, not the shunt
handler.

As of 2.1.5, the I18N stuff made assumptions that certain things were
ASCII, and that it was handling MIME conversions correctly.  These
assumptions have been regularly violated, and patches have been
applied piecemeal, but AFAICS (from a 2.1.5 vs. 2.1.8 diff I did a
while back) the fundamental architectural issue was not addressed.  It
would appear that that still hasn't been done.

It's not obvious to me that that's a change that's appropriate for
2.1.