[Mailman-Users] Making all bounces, even temporary ones, go to list owner ASAP

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 02:01:45 CET 2007

Many of my customers run tightly-controlled lists where it's important
to know (immediately, if possible) if email to any of the members is
bouncing (eg, an ISP mailing its customer base), even if the bounce is
temporary.

Is there a way to do this using the bounce processing options in
Mailman? EG, set the warn threshold really low and have all warnings
be cc'd to the list owner?

An obvious hack is to tweak the alias generator to do things like:

listname-bounces: listname-owner

but is there a cleaner (and "officially supported") way?

I realize the list owners will also get "vacation" replies, but that's
OK (in this situation, it's worth the hassle of getting these to know
when email is really bouncing)