[Mailman-Users] Moderated message missing top lines

Glen Page glen.page at thet.net
Fri Feb 16 17:59:02 CET 2007

Moderator is CREATING the message in the mail client. This a an
announce list so she is one of the only ones allowed to post to it. I
suspect that she might be using cut and paste to paste MS Word
content into the messages. I will tell her to just try adding a few
carriage returns.

Thanks

On Feb 16, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Glen Page wrote:
>
>> Not sure if this is related by I got an odd message from one of my
>> moderators. At least one list subscriber is getting messages but the
>> top half of the messages is gone. This is puzzling as it is not
>> happening to everyone on the list. I do NOT know what client is
>> displaying the partial messages. I do know that the moderator sending
>> the messages is using OS X Mail Client.
>>
>> Moderator has found that adding a few carriage returns to the top of
>> the original post makes it show up fine.
>

> Is the moderator editing the post in some way? It seems perhaps the
> moderator is somehow editing the post, perhaps using one of the
> techniques in
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.009.htp>
> and is not separating the body of the edited messages fron the headers
> by at least one empty line. Note that an empty line is different from
> a blank line in that an empty line contains no characters while a
> blank line may contain spaces, tabs or other whitespace characters.
>
> If the body is not separated from the headers by an empty line, the
> first portion of the body up to the first empty line in the body will
> be considered part of the headers.
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

Glen Page
Technology Systems Administrator
ThetNet

 From Apple Developers Tech Notes - tn2118:
"The Mac OS X kernel should never panic because, when it does, it
seriously inconveniences the user."