[Mailman-Users] Best version of Python to use with Mailman 2.1.9?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Feb 12 20:03:20 CET 2007

At 10:51 AM -0700 2/12/07, vancleef at lostwells.net wrote:

>  I was aware, when I downloaded the Mailman 2.1.9 sources, that the
>  recommended Python is given as 2.4.3.

That recommendation may be a little old.

>                                         A trip to the Python site
>  showed that 2.4.4 was the latest in that chain, and strongly suggested
>  the current version, 2.5.

Use the latest version of 2.4.x.  As you've demonstrated, the 2.5
stuff is not yet fully baked, and Mailman 2.1.8 and earlier are not
compatible with it.  $DEITY-only-knows what else they're going to
break in the process of trying to "fix" 2.5.

I'll update the FAQ Wizard to reflect this.

Co-author of SAGE Booklet #15 "Internet Postmaster: Duties and
Responsibilities"
Founding Member and Platinum Individual Sponsor of LOPSA:
<http://www.lopsa.org>
Papers: <http://tinyurl.com/tj6q4> LinkedIn Profile:
<http://tinyurl.com/y8kpxu>