[Mailman-Users] listname-leave - wrong response

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 12 03:12:55 CET 2007

Scot Hacker wrote:

>On Feb 11, 2007, at 12:23 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> What is the setting for the list's Privacy options...->Subscription
>> rules->subscribe_policy?
>
>Hmm... None of the three options are checked.

Actually, I meant unsubscribe_policy, but that isn't it anyway..

There is an issue with subscribe_policy, but it doesn't impact your
present issue. It seems the policy is likely set to None, but the
mm_cfg option ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE is set to No so the option doesn't
appear on the page. Unless you really want open subscription without
confirmation, I suggest setting the option you do want.

>> Is there anything in Mailman's 'vette' or 'subscribe' logs?
>
>Yes in vette:
>Feb 11 13:09:47 2007 (30321) replied and discard
>appears immediately when the request is received.

The admin Autoresponder page has autorespond_requests set to Yes,
w/discard so the response in autoresponse_request_text is sent and the
request is discarded.