[Mailman-Users] listname-leave - wrong response

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Sun Feb 11 06:48:59 CET 2007

On Feb 10, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>>  On one of my lists, when a subscriber sends a message to listname-
>> leave at domain, instead of the unsub confirmation, they get back the
>> "Sorry, you're not allowed to post to this list" message (it's
>> configured as a one-way list).
>>
>> Any idea what could cause this?
>

> The alias or whatever your MTA uses to get the mail to Mailman for the
> listname-leave address pipes the mail to
>
>    /path/to/mail/mailman post listname
>
> instead of
>
>    /path/to/mail/mailman leave listname

Hmm... this is a cPanel system, and the entire contents of /etc/
aliases is:

mailman-admin: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
admin mailman"
mailman-bounces: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
bounces mailman"
mailman-confirm: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
confirm mailman"
mailman-join: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman join
mailman"
mailman-leave: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
leave mailman"
mailman-owner: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
owner mailman"
mailman-request: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
request mailman"
mailman-subscribe: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman
subscribe mailman"
mailman-unsubscribe: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/
mailman unsubscribe mailman"
mailman: /dev/null
mailman-loopback: /dev/null
owner-mailman: mailman-admin

In other words, no references to specific lists, or to -leave for any
specific list, are in that file. Maybe cPanel keeps a separate
aliases file somewhere, but I couldn't locate it if it does. Any
cPanel experts have a clue where the equivalent file is?

Thanks,
Scot