[Mailman-Users] Challenge/Response

Bob Morse bob at morsemedia.net
Sat Feb 10 00:54:59 CET 2007

Thank you all for your insights in the Challenge/Response question. I am
convinced this is not the way to go. In fact, I used some of the same
arguments to the client when he brought it up.

The problem remains, however: How do I prevent spoofing? In this case they
have a real fear due to a board member who is soon to be ejected from the
board and have organizational membership taken away. They feel he is capable
(both emotionally and technically) of major disturbances on one or more of
about a dozen mailing lists the organization maintains.

What makes this even more of a Œchallenge¹ is that the account is on a
shared server.