[Mailman-Users] Moderated postings return error on reason_notice()

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 9 01:52:56 CET 2007

Patrick Bogen wrote:

>On 2/8/07, M. Onur ERGiN <monurergin at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Right, I have Mailman 2.1.7 and Python 2.5. Now, should I change the version of Python or Mailman? or, is there anything else better that you could suggest?
>
>Upgrading to the newest Mailman is always a good choice.

Agreed!

There are at least 3 modules in pre 2.1.9 Mailman that are not
compatable with Python 2.5. The best bet is to upgrade Mailman to
2.1.9, but for your immediate problem, you could download the
following three modules from sourceforge and copy them to your
installation and restart mailman. The modules/versions you need are:

<http://mailman.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mailman/branches/Release_2_1-maint/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py?revision=7963&pathrev=7963>

<http://mailman.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mailman/branches/Release_2_1-maint/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py?revision=7963&pathrev=7963>

and

<http://mailman.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mailman/branches/Release_2_1-maint/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py?revision=7963>