[Mailman-Users] Editing values in a lists's config.pck file?

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Mon Feb 5 18:01:43 CET 2007

I need to change the gate_news watermark on one of my mailing lists,
as it got incremented without a message actually being gatewayed from
the usenet newsgroup to the mailing list (because of something to do
with the "list" user's password having expired and cron).

I am using mailman 2.1.5-8sarge5.

I found that this information is contained in the list "config.pck" file:

# /var/lib/mailman/bin/dumpdb /var/lib/mailman/lists/<listname>/config.pck \
| grep -i watermark
    'usenet_watermark': 10,

What I want to do here is change usenet_watermark to 9; however I
haven't been able to find any information on how to modify the
config.pck file - anyone know how that would be done?

Thanks,
--
Daniel Clark # http://dclark.us # http://opensysadmin.com