[Mailman-Users] double attachments

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 1 22:15:30 CET 2007

Back in December, there was a thread on duplicated jpeg images in posts
from Mailman
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-December/054870.html>.

I worked with the OP off line, and I diagnosed the problem as being a
cPanel problem. cPanel Mailman 2.1.9-cp1 has some modification to add
the msg_footer to a text/html part. The affected posts had
multipart/related parts which had a text/html part referencing one or
more image/jpeg parts.

Apparently, cPanel's modification to insert msg_footer in the text/html
part was also adding duplicate references to the images and also
duplicating the image/jpeg parts. I posted this issue to a cPanel
forum <http://forums.cpanel.net/search.php?searchid=1860274> in
December, but there have been no replies.

My suggested avoidance, since the affected list is an announce list, is
to remove msg_footer from the list and add it instead as a signature
to the post. It was not until yesterday that this was tested and
proved viable, but since it did work, I am posting this 'closure'