[Mailman-Users] Subscribe button not working on

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 20 22:27:13 CET 2007

Robin Walls wrote:

>the opening form tags with actions seem to be missing from the html.  Is
>there a place I can go in and manually edit these or another way to
>repair the page?
>e.g. of missing tag on "Subscribe" button

Someone has edited the listinfo.html template and in the process of
removing some of the leading sections, removed the
<MM-Subscribe-Form-Start> tag.

Hopefully, the edit was done via the link in the web admin interface or
following the guidelines at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>,
and the base templates/en/listinfo.html template is still intact. If
so, you can diff the edited template (possibly
lists/tricitynews/en/listinfo.html) against the original and figure
out where the <MM-Subscribe-Form-Start> should go. Or in your case,
since the language form has been removed, you can probably put it
right after the <BODY ...> tag.

The real issue is the <MM-Subscribe-Form-Start> tag is easy to miss
when editing the template because it actually is too early on the page.