[Mailman-Users] multiple hosts mounting mailman nfs

Dennis Black dblack at ualberta.ca
Wed Dec 19 16:30:40 CET 2007

Troy Knabe wrote:
> I have two smtp servers that we use dns round robin for load
> balancing.  I can run it one server at a time, but I am running into
> some pid lock file issues when I try to run them simultaneously.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> -Troy

Troy,
My configuration:

A carp machine answers "mailman.srv.ualberta.ca" and alternates inbound
messages
to two machines behind the carp machine, "mailman1" and "mailman2",
NFS-mounted to a third machine, "mailmandb".

Mailman 2.1.9 and Postfix are installed on all three.

Beginning at about line 119, change /usr/local/bin/mailmanctl, so it reads:

# Locking contantsa
fname = socket.gethostname()
partz = fname.split('.')
hostnamez = partz.pop(0)
lyst = ['master-qrunner', hostnamez]
osmyname = "-".join(lyst)
LOCKFILE = os.path.join(mm_cfg.LOCK_DIR, osmyname)
# Since we wake up once per day and refresh the lock, the LOCK_LIFETIME

Mount /usr/local/mailman/locks on NFS.

This creates lockfiles named by hosts:

/usr/local/mailman/locks

-rw-rw-r--  2 mailman  mailman  79 Dec 19 17:29 master-qrunner-mailman1
-rw-rw-r--  2 mailman  mailman  79 Dec 19 17:29
master-qrunner-mailman1.mailman1.srv.ualberta.ca.13791
-rw-rw-r--  2 mailman  mailman  78 Dec 19 15:45 master-qrunner-mailman2
-rw-rw-r--  2 mailman  mailman  78 Dec 19 15:45
master-qrunner-mailman2.mailman2.srv.ualberta.ca.5476
-rw-rw-r--  2 mailman  mailman  80 Dec 20 13:35 master-qrunner-mailmandb
-rw-rw-r--  2 mailman  mailman  80 Dec 20 13:35
master-qrunner-mailmandb.mailmandb.srv.ualberta.ca.7897

As Brad points out, each of the two machines has its own queue, but the
/lists and /archives
are common NFS.

--
Dennis Black