[Mailman-Users] Aliases for list...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 17 18:47:44 CET 2007

Lev Lafayette wrote:

>Is there a special mailman mechanism to alias lists e.g., I want posts
>to listB at domain to end up at listA at domain.
>
>(A workaround for renaming lists that is trivial, rather than
>nontrivial)

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.070.htp>.

If you don't want to actually rename listA to listB, but just, as you
say, have mail to listB wind up at listA, this is mostly an MTA
question, not a Mailman question, but assuming your MTA uses aliases
of the form

lista at example.com:        "|/path/to/mail/mailman post lista"
lista-admin at example.com:  "|/path/to/mail/mailman admin lista"
etc.

just make a second set like

listb at example.com:        "|/path/to/mail/mailman post lista"
listb-admin at example.com:  "|/path/to/mail/mailman admin lista"
etc.

and add listb at example.com to lista's Privacy options...->Recipient
filters->acceptable_aliases.

Depending on your MTA and its configuration, there are probably other
ways to do this, but what you have to do is make mail to a listb...
address be finally delivered in exactly the same way as mail to the
corresponding lista.. address.