[Mailman-Users] Basic bounce processing question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 13 06:32:02 CET 2007

Michael Kabot wrote:

>Follow up question on the below suggestion.
>
>In this configuration if a user replies, they will be replying to the
>-bounces address which will then send email to the Admin - not the entire
>list?

Not if their MUA does what it is supposed to do. Replies should go to
the From: overridden by Reply-To:, not to the Sender:.

This is no different than the ordinary case where the -bounces address
is used for automated bounce processing.

>How do I configure the list to use the "basename", without the -bounces, in
>the Sender: field?

If you really want to, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq02.003.htp>.