[Mailman-Users] Archives not showing complete email message

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 11 20:36:52 CET 2007

Paul Key wrote:

>I am also getting the following where the body of an email should be in
>the list archives:
>
>Skipped content of type multipart/alternative-------------- next part
>--------------
>A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
>Name: not available
>Type: image/jpeg
>Size: 4631 bytes
>Desc: not available
>
>The URL actually works and links to a small corporate JPEG conatined in
>the email.
>
>I have seen the thread "Mailman and UTF8" in the mailman-users archive
>but couldn't fathom an answer and not sure about applying the patch.
>
>Is there anyway of getting list messages such as this to appear readable
>in the list archives?

This may be a bug, or it may be a defective message. In any case, I
would like to see the message.

Please do the following:

Look at the archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file and find
the message. Copy the entire message from the .mbox file. If you wish
to elid the actual body parts except for a line or two, that's OK, but
keep all message headers and boundaries and sub-part headers intact.

Then either post that raw message text here or send it to me off list.