[Mailman-Users] How to stop spam emails

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Dec 10 09:23:06 CET 2007

On 12/9/07, Cyndi Norwitz wrote:

>  False positive means it's legit mail that is in my spam folder.  Using my
>  ISP's defaults.

Sounds like you need to talk to your ISP about how those defaults can
be changed to be something more suitable for you.

>  Anything in moderation for MM must be clicked on.

Not true.  At least, not entirely true.

If there's anything you want to allow through, then yes -- those have
to be clicked on.

Everything else could be left in the default "Defer" mode, and then
you simply click the check box at the top or bottom of the page which
says "Discard all mail marked 'Defer'", then hit the "Submit Your
Changes" button.

>                                                     One at a time.  3 clicks
>  per sender (which means per spam most of the time) if I want to set the
>  address to auto-discard and ban the spammer from joining the list, in
>  addition to simply discarding the email.

See above.  All the stuff you want thrown away should be able to be
thrown away with just one and only one click.

You should only have to click on anything else if you want to reject
it, allow it through, or take some other less typical action.