[Mailman-Users] How to stop spam emails

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Dec 8 07:27:11 CET 2007

On 12/7/07, Cyndi Norwitz wrote:

>    >  Now, I am getting everyday about 100s of spam emails in that
>list. Please
>    >  advise how to deal with this?
>
>    Mailman doesn't have great tools for this.  Instead, you should
>    configure your mail server to reject or discard the spam messages
>    before they ever get to Mailman.
>
>  Any ideas how to do this when your ISP is hosting Mailman?

That would be the responsibility of your ISP.  If they're not doing
their job, then maybe you might want to find a different provider of
this particular service.

There are multiple different providers of service for Mailman and
Mailman-hosted mailing lists linked from FAQ 1.17 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.017.htp>.
I believe that at least one of those is actually fairly active on the
mailman-users mailing list, although I don't have any personal
experience with their particular service.