[Mailman-Users] error setting up web interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Dec 8 00:14:03 CET 2007

Kenneth Hirsh wrote:

>I had to move my Mailman installation to another server.  The mailing lists are functioning.  I am having trouble with bringing up the web management interface.  The brwoser reportes a bug in Mailman.  Here is the entry from the Apache error log.  Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Mailman is unable to write its own error log. Thus, it encounters some
error (we don't yet know what) and attempts to log it and then
encounters this error which gets dumped to stderr and ends up in
apache's log.

First, run Mailman's bin/check_perms -f as root or the mailman user to
fix the permission problems (you may need to run it more that once
until it runs clean - ignore the warning about o+x on
archives/private).

Then when you encounter the web interface error again, it should be
logged in Mailman's error log and we can use that information to
figure it out.