[Mailman-Users] "About" text from top of subscribe page

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 5 00:06:14 CET 2007

Chris Arnold wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> If all you want to do is add something to that section to appear before
>> the "To see the collection of prior postings to the list" line, you
>> can put that in the list's General Options->info attribute.
>>
>> If you want to make more extensive changes, the template is
>> listinfo.html and it can be edited for a specific list via the admin
>> "Edit the public HTML pages and text files"->"General list information
>> page" links, or a site-wide or domain or list specific edited version
>> can be made per
>> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>.
>So, is it not in a file? I want to find that file on a backup tape,
>restore the file and copy the text out of that file.

I assume then that you are talking about the 'info' attribute of a
list. If so, you can get the lists/<listname>/config.pck file from the
backup tape.

Do not replace the current config.pck with that backup unless you want
to restore EVERYTHING (list settings, membership all member options
and attribute, digest volume number, ...).

Instead, just put the file somewhere and run Mailman's

 bin/dumpdb path/to/the/config.pck

to see what the info attribute was.

OTOH, maybe you do want to restore everything from the backup?