[Mailman-Users] Not able to receive email from list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 4 02:47:20 CET 2007

Chris Arnold wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Chris Arnold wrote:
>>
>> In postfix main.cf you need
>>
>> virtual_alias_domains = lists.mytimewithgod.net
>That did not work. I get
><listname at lists.mytimewithgod.net
><mailto:mtwg-prayer at lists.mytimewithgod.net>>: host
>192.168.x.x[192.168.x.x] said:
>    550 <listname at lists.mytimewithgod.net
><mailto:mtwg-prayer at lists.mytimewithgod.net>>: Recipient address
>rejected: User
>    unknown in virtual alias table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

As I told you off line, you don't (or didn't) have a
data/virtual-mailman file. You need to be sure (fx_url) that your list
is in the lists.mytimewithgod.net domain and that your mm_cfg.py has

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.mytimewithgod.net']

and then run bin/genaliases to create data/virtual_mailman and
data/virtual_mailman.db. If you've done that and you have the virtual
mappings for the mtwg-prayer list in data/virtual_mailman, then the
problem is that you need to add the full pathname of virtual_mailman
to virtual_alias_maps in main.cf.