[Mailman-Users] Not able to receive email from list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 3 22:04:40 CET 2007

Chris Arnold wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> They look the same to me from the outside. So are you saying that there
>> is a local network behind the one externally visible IP.
>>
>That is correct a web server(postfix and mailman) and a mail server
>(different servers).
<snip>

>Postfix and mailman are local (on the same system webserver)
>>

>> Try looking in the log of the MTA that Mailman is talking to on it's
>> own 'localhost'
>>
>Thats where i am looking and there is nothing in regards to mailman
>I have the mailserver set to forward all mail to
><someone>@lists.mytimewithgod.net to the webserver which has postfix and
>mailman

OK. So i think the situation is you have one box with Mailman and
Postfix as the MTA. Outgoing mail from Mailman goes through this
Postfix. Incoming mail to the lists.mytimewithgod.net domain goes to a
different mailserver which relays it to Postfix on the Mailman/Postfix
box.

That should work.

Have you ever looked in the admindb interface to see if there are held
posts?

Can you send a post from outside to the list at
lists.mytimewithgod.net, find the maillog messages on the 'mailserver'
that say that post was relayed to the Mailman box and find the maillog
messages on the Mailman box that say what was done with that message?