[Mailman-Users] httpd.conf Rewrite rules with ZOPE to use mailman.

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Sun Dec 2 05:21:13 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm running a Zope instance that requires me to have re-write rules
(below) in httpd.conf that are not compatible with Mailman. I can use
mailman if I don't use the Zope re-write rules or I can use Zope but
not mailman with the re-write rules below. This seems like a black art
to me. Is there a way to change the re-write rules so that they both
work at the same time? Thanks!

NameVirtualHost 72.51.39.124:80

    <VirtualHost 72.51.39.124:80>
    ServerName brainimagingnews.net
    ServerAdmin webmaster at brainimagingnews.net
    ProxyPass /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/brainimagingnews.net:80/brainimagingnews/VirtualHostRoot/
    ProxyPassReverse /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/brainimagingnews.net:80/brainimagingnews/VirtualHostRoot/
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 72.51.39.124:80>
    ServerName www.brainimagingnews.net
#    ServerAlias *
# redirects everything
    Redirect permanent / http://brainimagingnews.net/
   </VirtualHost>

My mailman.conf looks like this:

#
#  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
#

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
<Directory /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
    Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>