[Mailman-Users] simple newbie question re: Defaults.py

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Aug 30 00:31:19 CEST 2007

On 8/29/07, Gruver, Sandi wrote:

>  I do not see guidelines on where/how to configure mm_cfg.py.
>  Is it to simply copy the lines needed from the Defaults.py file?

For anything you want that is different from what is defined in
Defaults.py, then yes -- copy the affected lines to mm_cfg.py and
then make your modifications there.

When you upgrade, the Defaults.py file should also be updated, but
the mm_cfg.py file should remain untouched.  At least, that's the way
the upgrade should happen, if the binary packagers do their job
correctly.