[Mailman-Users] Limit to the Number of Subscribers for eachlist?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Aug 29 20:19:10 CEST 2007

On 8/29/07, wittygal wrote:

>  Well, it seemed like a load of bull. Then they suggested I find a special
>  email list provider.  Is there such a thing?

Sure.  Some Mailman-specific hosting groups are listed in FAQ 1.17 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.017.htp>,
and there are other groups there that do more general hosting but
which also provide Mailman hosting as part of their package of
services.

>  And how would I find it. You see I am doing this as a charity thing for
>  about 5 online email groups for debtorsanonymous.org

FAQ 1.17 has a partial list of Mailman-specific hosting sites, but
I'm sure there are other sites that have similar lists of providers.

>  I thought this should be a no sweat thing since I supposedly can have
>  unlimited email lists under my premium subscription.

Funny thing about that word "unlimited".  It doesn't actually mean
"unlimited" anymore.  Now it means:

	We don't advertise any limits because we want to get your business
	at any cost, but as soon as you exceed the low limits we secretly
	place on you, we'll kick your sorry butt out the door as quickly
	as we possibly can.

It's kind of like that secret no-fly list that no one can ever tell
you whether or not you're on the list or how you got on it or how you
can get off it, but they won't let you fly if your name is there.

>  Thanks for the info. I am going to try to get back with them with regard to
>  this and point them to the url in question for the faqs. Does anyone have a
>  problem with me copying select portions of your emails on this subject?

Feel free to quote any of my messages, and if they have any further
questions I'll be more than happy to whop them upside the head with a
clue-by-four.